Friday, January 11, 2008

Predictions

Game 1 Saturday: Seattle vs Green Bay
Seattle and Mike Holmgren bring a good team into Green Bay, but Favre works some playoff magic...oh yeah, plus Ryan Grant gives the Packers a running game that'll be useful in the cold at Lambeau Field.
Packers 24 Seahawks 17

Game 2 Saturday: Jacksonville vs New England
I think that the Jaguars can put points on the board. Their backfield played better than most down the stretch. The problem is that I'm not sure that their defense can stop Tom Brady. No snow in the forecast means that the Patriots will probably be able to throw, and if Brady has the ball in his hands last, the Patriots will win in a shootout.
Patriots 35 Jaguars 31

Game 1 Sunday: San Diego vs Indianapolis
This game is really pretty simple. The Colts will not repeat their performance from earlier this season. Peyton Manning will not let that happen. Phillip Rivers is helped by L.T. giving the Chargers a lift but just not enough. And Bob Sanders is really good.
Colts 24 Chargers 10

Game 2 Sunday: NY Giants vs Dallas
This one intrigues me. See last week doesn't really assure me that Eli Manning has arrived. This week will really show what he's made of. Dallas will be doubling up on Plaxico Burress but with Brandon Jacobs running so well it might matter. In 1998 Dallas beat Arizona twice during the regular season but lost to them in the playoffs, but as much as I really want Dallas to lose I don't think they will. They just have too many weapons. But it will be close.
Dallas 21 Giants 20

P.S. I'm rooting for the Packers...then the Colts.

P.P.S. I did this late last night and looking at it now (Saturday morning) I can't believe I picked all the favorites. Oh well, I stand by my decisions, but I will say this: I'm pulling for the Giants and the Jaguars as underdogs (sorry bro). All right I'm out. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Caro Bella said...

this is boring

Steven said...

Dominating performance by my Pats...sorry to see you joined the pats-hating bandwagon. But your prediction about the pack, while off slightly on the score of the game, correctly predicted Farve playoff magic, and a strong running game from Ryan Grant. Not bad...